Taylor Swift was queen of the night as she scooped four awards at the 2022 “MTV EMAs” held at the PSD Bank Dome in Dusseldorf, Germany. Hosted by Rita Ora and Taika Waititi, the live global music celebration featured electrifying performances from chart-topping artists and honored fan favorites in 20 categories. The show also featured a moving performance by Ukrainian band Kalush Orchestra with a powerful show of support for Ukraine.
Taylor Swift won top awards including “Best Artist”, “Best Video”, “Best Pop” and “Best Long Form Video” for “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)”. Nicki Minaj received “Best Song” awards for “Super Freaky Girl” and “Best Hip-Hop,” while Harry Styles won “Best live”.
Show host Rita Ora won “Best Look ‘Personal Style'”, while “Video For Good” went to Sam Smith feat. Kim Petras for “ungodly”.
The prize for “best collaboration” was awarded to David Guetta and Bebe Rexha for “I’m Good (Blue)” while Guetta also won “Best Electronic” and the new EMA category “Best Metaverse Performance” went to BLACKPINK The Virtual PUBG Mobile.
The show also featured special appearances from the actor, singer and global superstar David HasselhofGRAMMY nominated singer-songwriter Julian Lennonworld famous model and activist Leomie Anderson, British singer-songwriter and TikTok star Sam Ryder, German-born model and influencer Leonie Hanneand Canadian singer-songwriter Lauren Spencer Smith, Maxim Baldry, Luis Gerard Mendez and Miguel Angel Silvestre. Rising West rapper from Philadelphia White Armaniperformed his hit song “BILLIE EILISH”. during the EMA red carpet runway show.
FULL LIST OF 2022 “MTV EMA” WINNERS:
- Best Song – Nicki Minaj – Super Freaky Girl
- best video – Taylor Swift – Too Good (10 Minute Version) (Taylor Version)
- Best Artist – Taylor Swift
- Best Collaboration – David Guetta & Bebe Rexha – I’m Good (Blue)
- Best live – Harry Styles
- Best Pop – Taylor Swift
- Best New – SEVENTEEN
- Best K-Pop – Lisa
- Best Latin – Anitta
- Best Electronic – David Guetta
- Best Hip Hop – Nicki Minaj
- Best Rock – Muse
- Best alternative – Gorillaz
- Best R&B – Chlӧe
- Best Long Form – Taylor Swift – Too Good (10 Minute Version) (Taylor Version)
- Video For Good – Sam Smith – Unholy (ft. Kim Petras)
- Biggest Fans – BTS
- Best Thrust – SEVENTEEN
- Best Metaverse Performance – BLACKPINK The Virtual PUBG Mobile
- Best ‘Personal Style’ Look – Rita Ora
- Generational Change – Lina Deshvar, Anna Kutova and Anfisa Yakovina